Sunday, July 17, 2011

Would you walk 5 miles to the beach if it was your only way to get there? Mom says i'm stupid?

My mom says i'm stupid to walk that far just to go to swimming. I always reply by asking why she won't drive me. Of course i get her usual responce that she is to busy. (I'm 15 and my mom and i dont get along very well ) So i walk.It takes about 2 hours. I leave at 7 in the morning walk a half mile up the road and get on the old railroad tracks and walk about 4 1/2 miles to the lake. There is a beach and a water slide. i take snorkeling lessons that are offered free and just have a good time. And the walk gives me some alone time to just think and dream. My mom says what if i get hit by a train or some creepy guy see's me dress for the beach and attacks me or what if it rains?? Well the tracks are abandoned and i actually walk on the truck path beside the tracks and if some guy is gonna jump out and attack me he isn't gonna care where i am going or what i'm wearing. As for the rain, i got caught in a down pour today on my way home. It's only water Right?? I don't think my mom really cares if any or all those things happen to me. She just wants to argue and discourage me. If she cared she would either drive me there or forbid me to go. So like most everything else in my life i do it on my own. One step at a time

No comments:

Post a Comment